FlexiPass is an hours-based bus pass that gives you complete flexibility with your travel plans. Hop on and hop off anywhere within the InterCity bus network, and change your bookings up to 2 hours before departure. Simply estimate how many hours you’ll need for your travel plans, buy a pass and use it to book your travel. As you book each trip, the hours it takes will be deducted from your pass.
Choose your own New Zealand itinerary
Unlike the fixed routes of the backpacker bus companies, with a FlexiPass you are in control. No set itineraries or compulsory stops!
- You decide where and when you travel
- Stop for as long as you like along the way
- Change your plans whenever you like
You can also top up your pass at any time with additional hours if you need them. Perfect for those last-minute additions!
Transferable bus pass
InterCity FlexiPass is valid for 12 months once you’ve started booking travel. It’s also transferable: if you have leftover hours at the end of your trip you can sell your pass. InterCity’s Facebook page is a good place to advertise your pass or find passes for sale.
What’s included in a FlexiPass?
- Day tours – Your FlexiPass includes a number of GreatSights® and awesomeNZ® sightseeing day tours. You just cover the optional extras (like entrance fees, meals etc). Choose from a wide range of New Zealand bus tours including Bay of Islands tours, Waitomo Caves tours, Rotorua tours, Hobbiton tours, Mt Cook tours and Milford Sound tours.
- Dolphin watching cruise – Use your pass to book a Bay of Islands cruise in search of dolphins and whales – no extra money required, just 3.15 hours from your FlexiPass! (This cruise departs from Paihia.)
- Interislander Ferry – InterCity FlexiPass® includes the Interislander ferry between the North and South islands of New Zealand. Travelling the length of our beautiful country with ease just got even easier!